1. Will I need help to unload the Basic Vending Cart ?
The fully assembled cart requires a forklift to be unloaded. For your convenience, you can opt for a tail lift van while placing your order. In this case, a pallet truck (pallet jack) is required.
For the DIY version, four people are needed to unload it (or a forklift).
2. Is it difficult to assemble the DIY cart version?
Not at all. Our Basic Vending Cart comes with clear assembly instructions, both written and video. Generally, it takes two people and between 1 to 2 hours to assemble the cart (body and frame).
3. How do I connect the Basic Cart to my bike?
Please keep in mind that we only recommend electric bicycles for towing. Connecting the cart to an e-bike it’s easy thanks to its saddle hitch mechanism. You can watch video instructions here.
4. What do I need to consider if I’m planning to use the cart for a street food setup?
To prepare and use the Basic Vending Cart for a street food setup, you need to consider the following:
A. Where are you planning to use the cart – outdoor or indoor – in order to determine its source of energy (on or off grid);
B. Equipment dimensions and its energy use, for both electric and gas.
C. Size and storage: would an L-sized cart be enough or would the XL version / a food bike with trailer be better suited to your needs?
5. Would I be able to install the countertop and interior equipment by myself?
Yes; in order to do this, you would have to:
– drill mounting holes in the countertop to firmly secure the equipment in place (in case you’re planning to move the cart with all the equipment on it);
– drill another set of holes for power chords.
Alternatively, we could drill the holes for you.
6. How many appliances is it possible to install on the countertop?
To determine the number and the type of appliances that can be installed on the cart’s countertop, you first have to consider its dimensions. For the Basic Vending Cart L, the dimensions are 1000L x 600W cm (393.7L x 236.2W inch), with the folding roof poles being the limit within which the equipment must fit on the counter.
7. Is it possible to install a sink / warm water sink?
Our Gn ¼ sink kits are:
– 12V sink kit (only works on 12V while connected to a 12V battery installed inside the cart);
– 12V – 220V – 110V (wich works on both 12V as well as connected to 220V / 110V in the US);
– 12V water heater with a 6L water tank for hot water sink.
* each kit can include 20L/10L fresh & waste water tanks.
8. Is it possible to equip the cart with one or more fridges?
Yes: it’s possible to install a 220V 41L fridge (44L x 47W x 51H cm) inside the cart, on the left hand side. Additionally, a smaller 31L fridge (56L x 34W x 38H cm) can be installed in the right hand side exterior compartment
9. Is it possible to outfit the cart with a LED lighting system?
Yes; alternatively, we can supply or install the LED lighting system for you.
10. What type of electrical system would be most suited for my cart?
Depending on your requirements, we can equip the cart with the following:
A. Off-grid electrical system, 100% energy independent (12V electrical system with battery, 100W solar panel and 220V / 110V power supply system, plus gas system for grill, crepe, espresso machines etc.);
B. 220V / 110V (US) on-grid electrical system.
11. Do you have an instruction manual ?
Yes, you can find it here.